Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Monday !

So, this Monday , January 27th , was one of the busiest , craziest days !
I woke up around 10:30 am and saw I had a text message from my sister in law , Sissy . She asked me if I was home , I was curious as to why she wanted to know so I replied . She proceeds to tell me that her Nana came to pick her from school early , she wasn't feeling well , and fell down on the way to their car . Little background info , Nana is 80 years old , she works a full time job , pays all her own bills , and atleaast half of everybody else's , she drives people around all day every day , and never does for herself w/o doing for others . When I read the message I popped up . I told my bf that they need to collectively have a talk with Nana about over working herself cause she doesn't seem to see a problem . Sissy then tells me that Nana has to go to the ER and they called an ambulance for her cause while she was washing her hand out , she became dizzy and started to faint . Nana kept insisting that she was fine , but we all knew she needs to go in . In the fall , she cut the palm of her hand all the way open requiring 6 stitches , a numbing agent , and a small gauze cast for the day . For what ever reason , the HS nurse wasn't in that day .. So they had to call the Jr High nurse and have her walk across 2 campuses to look at her hand . When she got there and realized who Sissy and Nana were , she proceeds to tell them that Chy was just in her office , and is as well receiving and early dismissal . Sissy told me that I needed to come up to the high school (a little under 2 miles away) pick up the car , pick up her younger sister Chy , and we had already planned on having to walk to the grocery store that day ! After doing all of this , we returned back to our home to process all the information we just took in . Not long after that , Nana calls Sissy and tells her that I need to go get them because her grandsons truck gave out on them . No one mentioned to her or I that they were no longer at the hospital .. So, with her half a tank of gas , I drive myself all the way out to Blue Oak in Rocklin (mind you we live off the Greenback exit of 80) , and picked up Nana , she insisted on driving , but one look at her hand and I denied her access to her own steering wheel . She then tells us that her granddaughter needs to be picked up from work in 15 minutes and that her work is on Greenback and San Juan .... OH JOY ! So we go and pick her up .. When she gets in the car she asks why Nana isn't driving , Spenc(bf) tells her that we aren't allowing it , she looks at her hand and says "Oh that's not that bad ! She could drive perfectly fine." I seriously almost slammed on the brakes and punched her .. SERIOUSLY BITCH ?!?!? Were we looking at the same hand ? *God the ignorance in this family is never ending ..* After dropping her off at home , with her husband still stranded in Rocklin , we argue with Nana almost all the way home about her driving , she demands that she needs to go get her other granddaughter and great grandson at 5 & 6 . After a good 10 minutes of debate , she finally agrees to going home to get some rest and letting us finish her errands . We now have to drive about 8 miles into Pleasant Grove off of Baseline Rd to get to her work . She gets in the car and asks where her grandmother is . Evidently , people have been telling her all day that Nana is just fine , it was just a little fall and that there's nothing wrong with her what so ever .. So we tell her the REAL story . She , at least , had sense enough to understand why we were doing what we were .. She even agreed with us that she shouldn't be driving with a numb, stitched, wrapped hand .. We then picked up Spenc's little sister and his cousins little boy from their after school programs , and set out to the Sunrise area so that she could run an errand .
It was probably the most taxing, tiring, obnoxious, humbling day of my life . I spent 5 consecutive hours with my foot on a pedal .. How this woman does it every day , I have no clue ! And she works full time ! Nana is probably the most amazing woman I have ever met , if the whole world gave and helped the way she does, we would be way better off .. However , the problem comes in when she has irresponsible children and grandchildren who take advantage of her and are in just as much denial about her situation as she is . Why does she drive all the adults to and fro ? Because they don't have licenses .. Yes , they are ALL over 20 .. No driving ability . They barely GOT jobs in the first place . Her son , is the worst of them all though . My bf's dad .. He is a piece of work .. Honestly . He claimed to have been on our side .. But is the BIGGEST reason that this poor woman is working herself to death . She pays damn near all his bills . All his kids ? Guess who pays their phone bills ? And buys them the things they need ? NANA . She has to take them to school , and pick them up , and buy them lunches cause there's never any food for them at home . He tried ONE time to tell his mom to slow down , but instead of being consistent like his son and I were , he gave up at first attempt .. Way to go .. dumb ass . That day was hard , but for that woman I would do it again in a heart beat ! She is amazing <3
(If any of her kin reads this just know , YES I do mean you when I say all these hateful ass things , No I wont regret and I don't care how it makes you feel , and YOU should all be ashamed of yourselves ! GROW THE FUCK UP ! Be grown ! Stop making your Grandma/Mom live your life for you , cause guess what ..? When she's gone there will be no one left to give a fuck about you the way she does)

No comments:

Post a Comment